Town Hall Meeting
Q & A Session
A Virtual Tour of the Church Expansion
The survey had four main desired outcomes; namely to help identify what drives parishioners to:
· Recommend their parish to a friend;
· Grow spiritually as a Catholic;
· Share their personal witness story with another; and
· Progress along their Catholic journey.
The recently received survey results brought interesting insights into each of these areas. On one hand, they confirmed our belief that OLGC is a strong, dynamic parish and community, filled with folks who are active in their faith. On the other hand, they demonstrate just how much work we still have to do if we are to achieve our vision of offering every person in our community a life-changing encounter with Jesus.
While we are pleased that most of the results show us above the national average, in most cases, the national average showed a pretty low bar. We clearly have much work to do in many key areas, including improving our hospitality, increasing our evangelical mindset, and of course helping everyone in our community encounter Jesus. Perhaps the best news is that our vision, mission, and strategic plan align well with our plans to address these issues, which we plan to do quickly and zealously. You may view the bulletin article and the complete survey results.
Introducing Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School
Update as of July 20, 2015:
$5.101 million pledged from 926 households
(102% of goal)
$4.187 million received to date
($5 million needed to break ground)
You may pause event scrolling by positioning your computer mouse or trackpad cursor over the scrolling frame.
- Weekend Masses [+]Saturday Mass - 4:00 PM
Sunday Masses - 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM
Life Teen Mass - Sunday 5:00 PM
On holiday weekends, the Life Teen Mass may not be held, so please check the parish online calendar of events for the most current schedule.
- Daily Masses [+]Daily Masses are celebrated in the Church at 6:30 AM on Tuesday and Friday and at 8:00 AM Monday through Saturday.
- Eucharistic Adoration [+]The Day Chapel is open for 24 hour adoration with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 9 AM on Monday until 3 PM on Friday. A door code is needed for access during the hours that the church is locked, and may be obtained by visiting the parish office during normal business hours.
- Reconciliation [+]Private Reconciliation is celebrated every Saturday from 2 PM until 3:45 PM. Additionally, usually on the first Thursday of the month, private reconciliation will be available from noon until 3 PM. Please check the online calendar for the most current schedule.
If you need to contact a priest in case of an emergency, please contact your local parish. If you are in the Plymouth, Michigan area you may call our parish office at (734) 453-0326 and follow the prompts.
Our mission is to teach the truth of the Gospel and to spread the Good News to all people so that we may share in God’s own abundant life. We strive to be a city on a hill that draws the lost and wayward to God. (Cf. Mt. 28: 18-20; Mt. 5: 14-16)
- Visit the new Youth Ministry website.
- We are seeking to hire a Discipleship Group Coordinator.
- Please visit the video page to view the recordings from the June 2015 town hall meeting.
- We are seeking a Digital Media Manager.
- Listen to the Fr. John’s homily from the Feast of Corpus Christi about the need to put Him first and consider making a campaign pledge.
- Order grotto memorial paver bricks online using this page.