Joining a Discipleship Group At OLGC
Groups for Men
Groups meet Wednesday mornings at 6am in the Social Hall.
Groups for High Schoolers
Groups meet Sunday evenings from 6 - 8 pm in the Upper Room at Church. Open gym afterwards. Bring a friend!
Groups for Middle Schoolers
Groups meet Tuesday evenings from 6:45 - 8:15pm in the Social Hall.
Forming Your Own Discipleship Group
What is a discipleship group?
- A small group of people (ideally ~10) committed to growing in discipleship.
- Groups meet in homes.
- A group can be formed with your friends.
- Group members challenge, support, encourage and hold one another accountable to grow in the Christian life.
What do the groups do?
- Pick a faith study which will help the group grow. Resources are available for you. Keep scrolling below...
- Meet weekly or monthly
- Have fellowship, discussion and prayer.
What if I've never been in a group like this before?
- There's a first time for everything!
- If you want to grow in faith, it's always easier to do it with friends committed to the same thing.
- Be willing to step out in faith and trust the Holy Spirit to be your guide.
What do I do next if I want to start a group?
- The Discipleship Guide below will help you. It has steps for how to start a group and sample outlines for first meetings.
- Talk to some of your friends and see who's interested.
- Look at the Resources available and see what study seems like a good fit.