The bell times below indicate when the students will be brought into or dismissed from the school building.
• Thanksgiving vacation begins with no school on Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
• Classes will resume on Monday, November 28, 2016.
• Christmas vacation begins with no school on Friday, December 23, 2016. Classes will resume on Monday, January 9, 2017.
• The mid-winter break (2 days only) begins with no school on Monday, February 20, 2017. Classes will resume on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
• The Easter break will begin with no school on Thursday, April 13, 2017. Classes will resume on Monday, April 24, 2017.
• The last day of school is a half day on Thursday, June 15, 2017.
We would like to alert our parents and students about some changes that are taking place at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School for the 2016-17 academic year. We will no longer be using SchoolFusion to host a website for school families. We are in the process of migrating most of the content from SchoolFusion to the parish website (http://www.olgcparish.net). We hope to have a landing page for the school to handle all traffic from current and prospective families ready shortly, but until that time please visit the parish home page and look for information under the school menu near the top of the page. We hope that you will enjoy accessing the site from all of your electronic devices. The responsive theme should scale to work on phones and tablets as well as on your computers. Please note that this is a big project that will take some time to implement. Your feedback and patience will be appreciated.
The other major change concerns parent access to grades and report cards. We will move from Alma to Gradelink for the coming school year. Gradelink offers many features that we think will be beneficial for both our teachers and parents. With a single parent login to Gradelink, parents will have access to the academic records of their students, as well as to teacher class pages with specific information similar to what was found on SchoolFusion. Gradelink will become the primary messaging system for the school with emergency notification alerts (by text message (SMS), voice calls or email). Additionally, parents will be able to install an iOS or Android phone app to easily check on the academic performance of their children. Automatic grade monitoring lets parents receive an email when their child either excels or underachieves in a class. Gradelink accounts for parents and students are active now. Login information went home in the parent packet for the start of the school year that was distributed at the Meet the Teacher session on September 1st. Please visit the school office for login information if you did not pick up a packet on the 1st. You may also speak with your child’s homeroom teacher at the parent night sessions (September 14th and 15th).